My book list has been finalized! This is not the reading order.
- The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley
- The Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter
- Atlas of Unknowns by Tania James
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
- Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
- The Gadget by Paul Zindel
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier
- My Lobotomy by Howard Dully and Charles Fleming
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora N. Hurston
- When Books Went to War: The Stories that Helped Us Win World War II by Molly Guptill Manning
- The Innkeeper’s Song by Peter S. Beagle
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
- Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
- Jack of Kinrowan by Charles deLint
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
I’m starting with books I have, or have borrowed. I had intended to do books I haven’t yet read. There’s one on this list that I started last year but never finished. I included one from everyone who recommended me a book. Then assigned a number to the 20+ books and did a random number generator for the other handful that I needed.
I started reading last night, and I will be accompanied by a friend on this journey. I started with My Lobotomy by Howard Dully and Charles Fleming. I’m only a few pages in, but it’s very intriguing. I shall update when progress has been made.